Tandoori Chicken Roll with Pineapple Slaw and Garlic Aioli
Featuring Aromatic Kitchen's Tandoori Paste this recipe makes for a fabulous Friday night fakeaway. Simply head to www.aromatickitchen.com.au and use the discount code DAD for a 10% discount or pop into your local IGA, Farmer Jacks, Fresh Provisions or The Good Grocer
- 500 grams chicken breast - sliced thinly
- 2-3 tbsp Aromatic Kitchen tandoori paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 crunchy rolls
- 400 gram tinned pineapple - drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cabbage - we used wombok but any will work, shredded
- 2 carrots - grated or shredded on a mandolin
- ¼ cup mint - roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coriander roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves - crushed
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the chicken and tandoori paste. Set aside to marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 140C
- Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add chicken (in batches if necessary so as not to crowd the pan) and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw and aioli and heat through the rolls.
- Place the rolls in the oven to heat though and crisp up.
- Mix together all the slaw ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and white pepper. In small bowl mix together the aioli ingredients and season with salt.
- TO SERVE, spread a roll with aioli, fill with slaw and top with chicken. Add a squeeze of lemon over the top. ENJOY!