Quick Cheats Strawberry Mousse
We love this recipe by Liberty Mendez from BBC Good Food
- 500 grams strawberries hulled and halved, any larger ones quartered
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 150 ml marscopone
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 6 ginger nut biscuits - crushed
- 2 tbsp pistachios - roughly chopped
- Put the strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 2 tbsp water in a large pan over a medium heat and cook for 5 mins until the fruit has softened. Scrape into a bowl leave to cool. Tip 300g of the mixture into a blender (reserve the rest for later), blitz until smooth and sieve into a jug.
- Whisk the mascarpone in a large bowl to soften, then add the double cream, vanilla bean paste and lemon zest, and whisk again until just starting to thicken. Fold in the blitzed, sieved strawberry purée to combine – it will thicken a bit more. Alternatively, swirl it through so you have layers of compote going through the mousse .Will keep chilled for up to a day.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse into glass tumblers and top with the reserved strawberry compote, the gingernut crumbs and pistachios.