From the cookbook Purely Delicious by Theresa Cutter The Healthy Chef. The book suggests it serves 4, however it is more like 6.
- 1 kilo fresh deli style ricotta – strained
- 6 eggs
- 750 grams frozen spinach leaves – defrosted and moisture squeezed out
- 1 bunch parsley – finely chopped
- 1 bunch basil – finely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato – shaved into fine ribbons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- PREHEAT oven to 160°C (320°F) fan-forced.COMBINE ricotta and eggs in a mixing bowl.ADD the spinach, parsley and a generous pinch of salt then mix until combined, then pour into a lined 25cm (10 inch) baking tin. COMBINE sweet potato with the olive oil and cover the top of the tart loosely. It will seem like a lot but the sweet potato will collapse as it cooks.BAKE for 60 – 75 minutes until set. The top of the tart should wobble when touched then it's ready.REMOVE from the oven and allow to come to room temperature before removing from the tin.SERVE with a garden salad of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.
Tips and Variations
I have added basil to the original recipe. If you have a thermomix, you can put all the ingredients in at once and blend together for 30 seconds, until combined.