Traybake Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Toasted Rolls
- 500 grams chicken breast - butterflied and cut into bite sized strips
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green capsicum - cut into strips
- 1 red capsicum - cut into strips
- ½ red onion - thinly sliced
- 150 grams mushrooms - thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone, gouda or havarti cheese
- 4 panini rolls
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- On a large baking tray place the capsicum, onion and mushrooms on one side. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. On the other side place the chicken and crushed garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until veggies are tender .Remove the sheet pan from the oven and set aside
- Cut the panini in half, but not all the way through. Slide the veggies and chicken over to make room for the rolls. If there is any liquid on the tray, mop it up with some paper towel so the rolls don't go soggy. Pop the rolls on the tray and place slices of cheese evenly over the chicken
- Set the grill to high, and place the tray into the oven. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the panini's are toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Spread mayo over rolls. With a spatula, carefully stuff each roll with the veggies and cheesy chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips and Variations
VEGETARIAN - Add extra veggies and toss them with the garlic. Cover the veggies with cheese instead of the chicken. GLUTEN FREE - Choose GF rolls.