Chargrilled Capsicum Pesto with Steak, Potatoes and a Green Salad
To save time we are using Always Fresh Fire Roasted Red Peppers.
- 4 beef steaks
- 500 grams potato
- 120 grams mescalin mix
- 200 grams snow peas - or mix of snow and sugar snap
Chargrilled Capsicum Pesto
- 1 jar Always Fresh Fire Roasted Peppers
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 40 grams pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Parboil the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the pesto. Drain and rinse the peppers. Add to a blender with the parsley, basil, juice of half a lemon, pine nuts and a splash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes, toss through a couple of tablespoons of pesto and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the beef in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss trough a couple of tablespoons of pesto.
- Make the side salad by tossing the salad mix and peas through the remaining lemon juice and a dash of olive oil. Season with salt.
- Preheat the BBQ or fry pan on high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness). Remove and rest for 5 mintues.
- TO SERVE - Divide the chips and salad among the plates. Add the steak and top with extra pesto. Enjoy.
Tips and Variations
GLUTEN FREE VEGETARIAN - cut a medium sized eggplant in half and BBQ in the pesto marinade.