Bill Granger's Corn Fritters with Avocado Salsa
What sets these fritters apart from your standard corn fritter is that the whole fritter tastes like corn and this is because most of the corn is blended into the mix. It is an extra step worth taking because they are mouthwateringly delicious.
- 4 corn cobs
- 1 sml red onion
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 avocados
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp spring onions
- 120 grams rocket
- Preheat oven to 120C. Pop a tray in there for your fritters to go on to as you cook them.
- Place 2 cups of the corn kernels, onion, eggs, coriander, 1 tsp salt in a food processer and process until combined. You want the corn to still be in small pieces so don't blitz it too much.
- Stir through the flour, baking powder, remaining corn and a few cracks of pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, drop 2 tablespoons of mixture per fritter in the pan and cook in batches of 3 for 2 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm in the oven while you make the remaining fritters.
- AVOCADO SALSA - Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir gently to combine.
- TO SERVE - Place rocket on the bottom of the plate, top with 3 corn fritters and salsa.